Oatmeal Almond Muffins
Here is one of my favourite muffin recipes. I have to admit, I borrowed this recipe from my 10 year old daughter who is becoming quite the little chef! You can make this completely vegan by substituting eggs for flax eggs (as shared below). You can also make it completely nut free for school snacks! I like to add a few chocolate chips as well but I also sometimes use blueberries, apple or banana to change it up!
- 2.5 cups ground rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour (can substitute for ground oats)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 whole eggs or flax eggs (1 part ground flax to 3 parts water)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or blueberries
- Whole almonds to top
- Combine all the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour into gently greased muffin pan or use paper liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (or until toothpick comes out dry) at 350 C.
Let me know how you like them, Athletes!