These almond cookies are soft and chewy and are dairy free and gluten free! They can be made fully vegan if subbing out the egg with flax egg. They make an amazing dessert or taste great with a cup of coffee or tea!
Makes 12-14 cookies
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water - set in fridge for 10 minutes before mixing in with other ingredients)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Almonds as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (flax egg or egg, vanilla, maple syrup, melted coconut oil) until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a cookie dough.
- Using a tablespoon-size measuring spoon, scoop the dough on the pan (with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat). Gently press down to flatten. If preferred, place an almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minute until lightly golden on top. Enjoy!
- Danielle Byers