Banana Oatmeal Cookies
These soft and delicious Oatmeal cookies are made naturally sweet with bananas and use minimal and simple ingredients! They are versatile and can include many mix-ins such as chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut and of course chocolate chips! Kids love these healthy cookies too - they don't last long in my house!
Makes 10 medium sized cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (approx 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp nuts of choice (I put walnuts in mine)
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Other mix in options: chia seeds, flax seeds, dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the banana with a fork. Next mix in the almond butter and stir to combine before adding the other ingredients.
- Stir in the oats, vanilla, salt and choice of mix-ins.
- Scoop out about 2 tbsp worth of dough and place on a baking sheet leaving space in between the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before enjoying!
- Danielle Byers