This banana bread has just the right amount of sweetness between the bananas, maple syrup and chocolate chunks! It could be enjoyed as a dessert or even as breakfast! I used a dark chocolate bar and broke it up for the chunks of chocolate and also added in some walnuts for some extra texture! This banana bread is gluten free and can be made dairy free if using dairy free chocolate! Feel free to sub out the egg for flax or chia egg as well!
Add ins: 1/2 sea salted dark chocolate bar and 1/2 cup of walnuts or any other add ins of your choice!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Mash bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Add in other wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
3. Add flours and baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix again until combined.
4. Add in the dark chocolate and walnuts and any other mix ins and fold into batter.
5. Pour batter evenly into pan and smooth with a spatula.
6. Bake for 60 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before slicing into the loaf.
- Danielle Byers