Ginger Lemon Red Lentil Soup
I love a hearty soup anytime of the year. I put this creation together this morning with a few things I had in the fridge and pantry and it came out absolutely decadent! Hope you and your family enjoy it too!
- 2 small red onion, diced
- 2 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3 yellow zucchini, chopped
- 1 can whole tomato, chopped
- 3 cups red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 10 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt to taste
- Juice from one lemon
- Oven roasted veggies of choice (add salt and avocado oil)
- Hot sauce or pepper
- In a hot pot or on the stove top, sauté onions and pepper until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Once the aroma gives off, add in the zucchini and stir for a few more minutes.
- Add in can of tomato, lentils and 5 cups of water.
- Add salt.
- If using a hot pot, set for 1 minute to cook. If using stove top, bring to a boil, cover with a lid and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and add juice of lemon before serving.
- Optional to add hot sauce or hot pepper flakes.
- Sherry Shaban