Purple Kale Tofu Scramble
I don't cook tofu often as I tend to limit my intake of soy. Here's a delicious scrambled egg replacement I would love for you to try! It only takes a 10 minutes to prepare and delicious as a breakfast or lunch dish. Try adding in some tabasco or chilli to spice it up!
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch purple kale, washed and main spine removed
- 1 package organic, non GMO soft tofu
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil, for pan
- 1 cup cooked blanked beans, rinsed and drained
- In a skillet, heat grape seed oil over medium heat. Stir fry the onions until they begin to soften. Add the cumin seeds, turmeric and garlic and continue to stir fry until smell gives off.
- Add in peppers and continue to sauté for another 8-12 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Crumble the tofu and add to the mixture.
- Once well mixed, add in the kale and stir fry until turns bright color.
- Stir in black beans.
- Add salt to taste and serve over quinoa or eat alone.
- Sherry Shaban