Saturday Afternoon Fudge
Today’s No Sugar invention is in line with the 14 Day No Added Sugar Challenge I'm running in one my Advanced Transformation programs.
Saturday Afternoon Fudge (vegan, sugar-free, oil-free and gluten-free)
- 1/2 buttercup squash (pre-baked)
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 cup dates
- 900ml water
- 1/2 cup cocoa
Once puréed, add in:
- 1.5 tsp baking powder (sifted)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (sifted)
- In a blender, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Use a hand mixer to evenly mix batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celcius.
- Place on a non-stick pan. (Full disclosure I used one teaspoon of coconut oil to grease my pan.)
- I also added chopped walnuts on top. Pistachios also add a special kick!
- Bake at 350 for about 50-60 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Well, my kids enjoyed it so this is always a good sign! Give this a try and let me know if you have any suggestions!