Summer Bok Choy and Lentil Soup
Whether in a salad, soup or stir-fry, bok choy is just the bomb! Plus it's high in folate, vitamin C, potassium and vitamin B-6 making it a hearty healthy superfood! I love this soup because it takes less than 15 minutes to make and my kids devour it! Feel free to swap out the veggies in this recipe with anything you might already have on hand!
- 2 red onions
- 2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 yellow zucchini, chopped
- 1 can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pint portabello, or other mushroom
- 6 bunch of bok choy, white stems and leafy green separated and chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups brown lentils, washed and drained
- Salt to taste
- Juice from one lemon
- In a hot pot or on the stove top, sauté onions and pepper in avocado oil until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic.
- Once the aroma gives off, add zuchinni, mushroom and bok choy stems.
- Add in can of tomato and 5 cups of water.
- Add lentils
- Add salt.
- If using a hot pot, set for 11 minutes to cook. If using stove top, bring to a boil, cover with a lid and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add lemon juice.
- Optional to add hot sauce, pepper or hot pepper flakes.
- Sherry Shaban