Summertime Rainbow Chard Salad
I love experimenting with fresh herbs from the garden and putting together different flavours and creations. Adding different herbs to your salads or salad dressings can change up the taste entirely, even when using the same ingredients. The zesty flavour of the basil and avocado dressing in this salad meshed so well with the sweetness of the red peppers and pear. Can't wait for you to try!
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 brown tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Bosch pear, chopped
- 1 small avocado
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Combine the rainbow chard, pepper, pear and tomato in a bowl.
- In a magic bullet combine the avocado, balsamic vinegar, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Mix together and serve immediately. If you plan on meal prepping, prepare the dressing same day and mix together at meal time.
- Sherry Shaban