These Zucchini Fritters make a great side with dinner or would go great in a salad! It is a nice way to switch it up when cooking zucchini and these have the addition of fresh mint which giving them a huge flavour punch!
- 2 yellow zucchini, grated
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 20 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 almond flour
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, for frying
- Prepare chia and water mixture in bowl and place in the fridge to gel up for 10 minutes.
- Grate zucchini and place inside a kitchen towel or paper towel to wring out as much liquid as possible. This can be done in small handfuls to make sure most of the liquid gets released.
- Put squeezed out zucchini into a bowl and add the chia seed mixture, lemon juice, mint leaves, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir this mixture until well combined and leave to sit for 5 minutes (for the chia to set).
- Next, stir in almond flour with the mixture.
- Heat up the oil in pan over medium heat and place 2 tbsp mounts of the mixure onto a heated pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes per side. These are best eaten immediately! Enjoy!
- Danielle Byers