These muffins are naturally sweetened and super moist! We made ours into cupcakes by adding a simple yogurt 'frosting'! These muffins are dairy free and gluten free! The whole family will love these!
2 cups almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
4 large eggs
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup almond butter
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
3 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup coconut yogurt
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffins tins with liners or coat with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and put to the side.
3. In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Be sure to let the melted coconut oil cool before adding into the wet ingredients so it does not coagulate.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Add the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Optional - frost cake with yogurt and maple syrup mixture to make into cupcakes.
- Danielle Byers