Chocolate Chip Chia Cookies
Here's a cookie that will make you the star at any party. It'll be hard to believe that they're completely gluten-free, dairy-free and 100% plant based! Let me know how you like them!
- 4 banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For chia "eggs":
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- Start by preparing the chia "eggs." Mix the water and the chia seeds 1-2 hours in advance, or for quicker preparation, mix the chia seeds in luke warm water and stir for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Fold in the chia "eggs."
- Add in the almond flour a little at a time and continue to stir until you've found the desired cookie consistency. Feel free to add in a little more if consistency is still too wet.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350 C.
- Line a cookie pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll cookie dough into little 1 inch balls and place on the pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Sherry Shaban