When strawberry season hits, one must make Strawberry Shortcake! This 'cleaned up' version will not disappoint! These sweet Quebec Strawberries taste amazing paired with these dairy free, egg free and gluten free biscuits and coconut whipped cream!
Makes 6-8 biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Prepare chia eggs and put in fridge to set for 10-15 minutes.
3. Once chia eggs are set, in a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, maple syrup, coconut oil, chia eggs and almond milk.
4. Using a fork, fold together until a dough forms.
5. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
6. Drop approximately 2 tablespoons worth of dough onto a baking sheet, keeping the biscuits a few inches apart.
7. Bake for 11-13 minutes until the tops of biscuits begin to brown. Let the biscuits cool down for at least 10-15 minutes as they will fall apart easily when warm!
8. Serve biscuits with chopped up local strawberries and coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Danielle Byers